BELLHAWK SOLVES OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT CHALLENGES
The BellHawk Operations Management Software (OMS) includes extensive Manufacturing Execution System (MES) capabilities. This includes tracking the status of work orders, materials, customer orders, inventory, work-in-process, employees, and optionally equipment, in real-time, in one integrated system. The BellHawk software uses barcode tracking and mobile data collection technologies to track the receipt of materials and their put-away, the processing of materials through a sequence of operations, as well as the shipping of the finished products to customers. Some of the MES applications of the BellHawk OMS software include:
- Tracking the manufacturing, processing, transformation or conversion or assembly of materials into finished or intermediate products.
- Tracking repair and recycling of equipment and materials.
- Tracking make-to-order manufacturing as well as engineer-to-order, process-to-order, repair, refurbishment and construction projects.
- Tracking batch processing of chemicals, food, beverages, pharmaceuticals and supplements including mixing and packaging.
- Tracking the testing of samples in laboratories as well as the reagents and equipment used in their testing.
- Tracking labor and materials used on Department of Defense and other Government projects.
- Tracking the status of work orders, customer orders, and work-in-process as well as raw, intermediate, and finished goods inventory in real-time, including materials being processed by subcontractors.
- Tracking inventory, labor and equipment usage on work orders plus does activity based costing, including cost allocation over multiple concurrent work orders.
- Capturing materials traceability data for standards compliance.
- Provides industrial, medical and laboratory warehouse and stock room management capabilities including real-time inventory, equipment, and asset tracking.
PRODUCTION TRACKING CAPABILITIES
The production tracking capabilities integrated within a base BH-OMS system include:
- Ability to see the real-time status of work orders and customer orders anywhere, anytime there is an internet connection using a wide-variety of web-browser equipped devices.
- Ability to specify routes, with bills of material for each step, and to produce barcoded travelers with which to track labor, work orders, and materials.
- Ability to track work-in-process as it flows from one operation to another, either in a batch or as individual pieces.
- Tracks labor consumed on work order operations as well as the elapsed time for each operation.
- Tracks the consumption of materials on each operation and the production of finished goods, as well as unused materials returned to stock.
- Tracks depletion of floor stock based on back-flushing as work products are reported out from each operation.
- Error detection and mistake prevention, including preventing the use of wrong or expired materials on operations.
- Tracks scrap and rework, plus secondary materials such as reusable scrap produced by operations.
- Captures materials traceability and defect prevention data, including tracking raw materials, work-in-process and finished products consumed and produced in work order route steps by lot and serial numbers. This includes tracking which materials went into each finished unit or batch.
- Tracks service, manufacturing/processing, assembly, and test/repair work orders.
INVENTORY TRACKING CAPABILITIES
The inventory tracking capabilities integrated within a base BellHawk OMS system include:
- Provides real-time view of the status of raw, intermediate and finished goods inventory.
- Tracks inventory using “license-plate” tracking methods making it easy to see the location of all raw, intermediate, WIP, and finished goods inventory in realtime.
- Tracks materials by lot-number, container, location, and expiration date.
- Tracks materials in nested containers, such as barcoded cartons on a barcoded pallet.
- Tracks individually barcoded items including serial numbers.
- Tracks receiving and put-away of raw goods materials.
- Tracks packing and shipping of finished goods.
- Tracks who handled each container of materials for traceability purposes.
- Tracks returns to stock as well as scrapped inventory and inventory adjustments.
- Performs “cycle-count” type inventory validation