Visibility, Insights, & Anomaly Detection
The explosive growth of the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) has created unprecedented challenges for healthcare delivery organizations (HDOs). Tracking, managing, and protecting these constantly moving devices can create operational inefficiencies and gaps that attackers can exploit. The problem is HDOs don’t have all the information they need about the devices in their environment. Manual data collection processes and general-purpose discovery tools often miss threats and generate incomplete inventories. HDOs need to improve their device data quality and validity, which empowers accurate inventories, risk assessments, and improved security strategies
The core Visibility, Insights, and Anomaly Detection function of the Medigate Device Security Platform (MDSP) discovers and profiles every connected device and analyzes its risks to keep HDOs safe and operating efficiently. With unparalleled accuracy, HDOs have the medical device profiles and contextual risk identification they need to make data-driven management and security decisions that help them better protect and optimize their connected medicine operations.
Key Benefits of Medigate:
- Automatically maintain a comprehensive, up-to-date inventory
- Accurately identify device vulnerabilities and risks
- Eliminate time-consuming manual data collection processes
- Make data-driven device management and security decisions
How It Works
Within hours of deployment, through either a network tap or SPAN port, Medigate passively discovers devices and begins providing accurate and granular details on the IoT and IoMT connecting to the network. Using unique deep packet inspection (DPI) techniques, the platform offers data-rich profiles and contextualized risk assessments that give HDOs the most accurate inventories and threat detection available. With Visibility, Insights, and Anomaly Detection, HDOs receive:
- Detailed device profiles: Providing over 100 unique device attributes that often go undocumented, such as device IDs, version information, physical location, serially attached devices, vulnerability assessments, network connectivity, and more.
- Network communications maps: Documenting inter-device communication relationships so that HDOs can inform decision-making with a communication world map, connection matrix, and VLAN visibility.•Accurate alerts: By identifying risks, including plain text credentials, unencrypted health information (PHI), vulnerabilities, and outdated versions, HDOs can take appropriate steps to protect their operations.
- Threat intelligence: Delivering tailored, healthcare-specific indicators of compromise that help HDOs understand and address the risks in their environment.
- Vulnerability assessments: Passively assess and correlate IoT and IoMT devices to ascertain current device risk levels without log-in credentials and enable HDOs to plan and prioritize their patch management workflows.
Healthcare delivery organizations need complete visibility into the makeup and potential risks of the devices operating in their environment. The only way to attain the level of detail and insight they require is with a purpose-built solution for healthcare. Medigate has learned the unique languages of clinical devices and does not guess what they’re saying through AI or Machine Learning. Instead, those techniques are used to deliver advanced insights from device data. With Medigate, the data available in all of your connected devices are unlocked, trusted, and the HDO can connect with confidence to accelerate their real-time healthcare initiatives. Contact a ValuTrack technology specialist to learn more about how Medigate can deliver unmatched visibility, protection, and threat detection for your healthcare organization via one comprehensive solution.
Check out this Case Study from Children’s Mercy Kansas City
“Medigate has been a necessary investment. They have provided the means for us to protect and monitor every connected device in a hospital at machine speeds.”
Try out the Medigate ROI calculator to see how much you could save with Clinical Device Efficiency!