Here at ValuTrack, we’re excited to announce that BarTender 2022 Preview 2 is available for download. Preview 2 offers a sneak peek of some of BarTender 2022’s new features. BarTender 2022 features a new REST API to integrate label printing with web applications seamlessly. With BarTender, you can integrate enterprise applications with scripting in formats such as YAML and JSON. Access an extensive set of BarTender actions via a RESTful web-service API to automate label printing.
Contact us at ValuTrack to set up a time to talk and learn more about how all the new features and abilities of BarTender 2022. Support for BarTender 2022 Preview 2 is available for 30 days following the official release of BarTender 2022.
What is Preview 2? This presentation breaks down everything you need to know.
BarTender 2022 Preview 2
- Print anywhere, at any time, on any operating system with Print Portal
- Easily connect labeling and enterprise data with our SAP HANA database connector
- Print faster with the newly redesigned Print Station, offering streamlined operations and improved performance
- Seamlessly integrate label printing with web applications using the BarTender REST API
WHO SHOULD TRY PREVIEW 2?
Try Preview 2 if you’d like to explore web-enabled, remote printing, connect your labeling directly to SAP HANA databases, or automate your label printing using a RESTful API.
WHY SHOULD YOU TRY PREVIEW 2?
Early access to powerful features gives your company a head start, implementing the new processes that can help your business run more efficiently. And we’d like your feedback — this is your chance to help shape upcoming releases of BarTender.
Expanded access to remote printing with Print Portal
- Print Portal is now available to BarTender Professional and Automation Edition customers
- Select and print labels from any device in an instant via web browser
- Customize folder images and colors to make documents and labels simpler to locate
- Increase security with advanced security properties settings
- Manage detailed user permissions with expanded, more in-depth administrator controls
New SAP HANA database connector
- Connect labeling directly with your enterprise data stored in SAP HANA databases
- Access SAP HANA on-premises software and SAP HANA Cloud database services
- Support for SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 03 and later versions
Redesigned Print Station
- Streamlined modern UI with improved performance
- Point-and-click printing — quickly locate documents, select printers, enter data, and print
- Improved standalone kiosk mode (using Microsoft Windows 10 kiosk mode)
- New grouping and sorting options to help print operators work more efficiently
- Customize branding with your own logos and color schemes to integrate BarTender more seamlessly into your print environment
- Access and advance files through Librarian workflow states to review and approve BarTender documents for production (Enterprise Edition)
New BarTender REST API
- Access an extensive set of BarTender actions via a RESTful web-service API to automate label printing
- Integrate BarTender and enterprise applications with scripting in formats such as YAML and JSON
- Quickly understand how to use the BarTender REST API using OpenAPI documentation